Ok, here we go.
The beginning of a more in-depth and focused journaling, for the history =)
What is Kirill Vee Journal?
I will be using this website as my personal journal of how I approach building businesses, my step-by-step approach, what methods and tools I use, the reasoning behind my decision with all the lessons learned and insights about what’s working and what’s not working. This is just my personal journey, so make your own conclusions and decisions. Sadly, several years of my entrepreneurial adventures have passed already, and I may or may not get to documenting those experiences. Maybe, someday.
In addition, I will be sharing the business ideas I constantly come up with. I have too many to work on all of them, so I decided to give it away, in case somebody else wants to try them out.
Why does this website exist?
Almost all my decisions are driven by the belief that life is too short to waste it on things you don’t love doing. Of course, anyone will likely have times when they have to do things they are not very excited about, that’s the reality of life. But overall, from a longer-term perspective, you should do your best to pursue what you love.
One life. Live it!
Recently, I re-analyzed what I love doing most and what I keep doing over and over. And dissecting my recurring activities, here is my conclusion: observing problems, coming up with a solution and launching different experiments to validate my ideas, with the end goal of building a business. When I asked myself the eternal question “What would I be doing if money wasn’t a question?”, this would be my answer. Following an advice from one of my heroes – Gary Vaynerchuk – I decided to focus my effort on documenting this part of my life.
My goals for this project are:
- Capture my journey of pursuing my passion for building a business for my kids and grandkids, and grand-grand-… kids.
- Remind myself of the amount of work I’ve done over the years. I have a problem of focusing on the plans and action items and forgetting about what I’ve accomplished, which sometimes affects my motivation, not in a good way.
- Expose the struggles and challenges of hustling as a husband and dad, while having a full-time job. Entrepreneurship is not easy, but possible if you put in the work, and don’t give up.
- Allow others to learn from my mistakes and insights.
- And potentially build a community of people who are in the same boat as me.